Homemade Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cookies
Chocolate chip ice cream cookies need no introduction. It's a classic dessert and is most appreciated during warm temperatures. Here's a recipe to bake the cookies from scratch and then sandwich yummy ice cream between the homemade, buttery cookies.
|1 batch||15 minutes|
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup chocolate chips dark or milk
- 1 ½ cups Vanilla Bean Ice Cream lightly softened at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium bowl, add in flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix together.
- In a large bowl (different/second bowl), add in softened butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Whisk or beat on low for 2-3 minutes until it’s a creamy consistency. additional minute or two. Being sure it is well blended.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract to the sugar mixture. Beat on low or whisk for an
- Gently add in flour mixture (medium bowl) to egg/sugar mixture from the large bowl. Beat on low or whisk for 3-4 minutes, being sure it is well combined. (Don’t overbeat it.)
- Gently fold in 1 ½ cups of chocolate chips.
- To a parchment lined baking sheet, add in a tablespoon of cookie dough, with about 3 inches of space between each other. (If you want jumbo cookies, add in two tablespoons with even more space in between.)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove cookies from oven, but leave cookies on pan for about 7-10 minutes. Remove cookies and allow to fully cool on iron racks.
- Add about 1-2 tablespoons of ice cream to a bottom of a cookie. Spread it evenly and layer another cookie (bottom touching ice cream) to create a sandwich. Optional, add chocolate chip cookies to a plate. Gently coat the center of the cookie with chocolate chips.
- Freeze ice cream cookies for an hour before serving.
Photography is property of Style and Living Profile.
Do not share without credit or reproduce without permission.
Share this Recipe